Tales of the Boatman is creating a vinyl record album!
The tracks featured on this album comprise my newest works, and are the core of this new project.
I will post the current masters as I finish them, and when I'm done I'll start the fundraiser to make the completed record.
To support the project:
1. Follow me on bandcamp! You'll be added to the mailing list and get updates as things unfold and music is added.
2. Subscribe! You will get all releases as they come out, access to the back catalog, and my eternal gratitude for your financial support.
2. Follow me on Instagram and Youtube to become part of the creative process.
3. Pop in my discord (link in bio) and let me know what you think. I'd be happy to talk with you.
4. Take lessons with me - www.chrisrippey.com
More about the project:
This album will feature the following instrumentation, in order of prevalence:
xiao, guqin, nyckelharpa, cello, bowed banjo, percussion
A major theme being explored is the intersection between ancient Chinese and European Medieval thought and sound. Classical and Baroque influences are of course never far away in my music!
I'm also hoping to create cassette tapes with more tracks than will fit on a vinyl - they will be available as a part of the release.
Much of this music will be featured in the upcoming stories of Tales of the Boatman.